Your Privacy using Xtra-vision Xpress website and vending machines
Xtra-vision Vending Limited ("Us", "We" or "Our") (trading as Xtra-vision Xpress), is committed to protecting Our users' privacy on xvxpress.ie and Xpress Vending Machines. We offer this statement to inform Our users of how we define, gather and use personally identifiable information ("Personal Information"), which they submit to Us via this Site and our vending machines. We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information submitted by users in such a way as is consistent with this Privacy Statement and in accordance with all applicable data protection and privacy law. The Personal Information that We collect from users can include the following: a person's full name, address, telephone number, date of birth and/ or email address.
If you do not wish Us to process your Personal Information for the reasons and in the manner set out in this Privacy Statement, please do not use this Site or any of our vending machines.
Our collection of personally identifiable information
We gather information on our users in two different ways:
- You supply it in response to a request from Us.
- Cookie technology.
- We collect Personal Information voluntarily submitted by its users as part of the registration process for its services. You may also be asked to disclose Personal Information at other times, for example, in relation to your participation in any competitions.
Our use of personally identifiable information
We may use Personal Information collected online or submitted at a vending machine in the following ways:
- to develop and improve the products, benefits and services We or carefully selected business partners offer to Our registered users and other users of the Site;
- to enable users to become registered users of the Site and to interact with online products and services;
- for processing customer orders;
- for Site administration and development (for example to analyse usage trends and to make improvements to the Site in accordance with such usage trends);
- to contact you by post and email, or by SMS, to inform you about any of Our products and services (including those of selected business partners) that We think may be of interest. We will not do this without having your prior permission. If at any time you subsequently wish to discontinue receiving post or emails about Our products and services please indicate this by checking the relevant checkboxes within the My Account section of the Site. If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications by SMS, you will be given the option to opt out. From time to time we may also wish to contact you by telephone. In the event that we do so we shall always respect any request you make to decline such telephone marketing in the future;
- to contact you, where you have authorised Us to do so, when you have won a competition on the Site or to provide you with a email newsletter; and in assessing your request for goods or services for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. One of the purposes for which We may disclose your address and postcode details is to check them against the IMRG Security Alert or any other fraud prevention scheme.
- Please note that if you are or become an Xtra-vision store member, your marketing preferences indicated through your store membership may not match the marketing preferences that you have indicated through this website. However, We will take steps to correct as promptly as reasonably possible any inconsistencies in this regard that you bring to Our attention.
We may also, in the event that We undergo a re-organisation of Our corporate group or sell any part of the Site, transfer your Personal Information to the new owner of the Site if you are a registered user of the services on the Site.
Updating your Personal Information
If at any time you believe your registered details to be incorrect, you can update them by clicking into the My Account section of the Site or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of personally identifiable information
Except as set out in this Privacy Statement, We will not sell, rent or disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your prior permission. You agree that We may without your prior permission disclose such information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners where necessary in order to operate this Site and/or to provide you with services that you have requested.
You agree that We may without your prior permission disclose your Personal Information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners where necessary in order to operate this Site and/or to provide you with services that you have requested. We may transfer your Personal Information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, or to Our suppliers, subcontractors and business partners located outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). You should be aware that some of these countries might have data protection laws that are equivalent to the Data Protection Act 1998 (which regulates the use of personal data by companies and other business in the UK) but that some may not. You hereby consent to Our transferring your Personal Information to other hmv & Xtra-vision Group companies, Our suppliers, sub-contractors and business partners located outside the EEA in connection with your use of this Site.
Personal Information may also be disclosed to third party organisations without your prior permission where there is a legal obligation on Us to do so. For example, if you buy a TV from Us, we may be obliged to provide your details to the relevant television licensing authority if you are ordering from the UK.
Your personal information and payment card details will be processed by Credit Call and/or PayPal for the purposes set out in this section of our Privacy Statement.
For the purposes of dealing with payment transactions and to protect against fraud your information will be processed on our behalf by Credit Call and / or PayPal This means that your credit/debit card details are shared with Credit Call and / or PayPal and may be stored by Credit Call and / or Paypal outside of the EEA. Credit Call and PayPal encrypt your credit/debit card information and use a secure server to process your personal information and payment card details.
We may carry out fraud and security checks with Credit Call and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. If we or they suspect or identify fraud we and/or they may record this and may also pass this information to other organisations for the purpose of fraud prevention. We, Credit Call and these other organisations may use this information for fraud prevention purposes in the future.
Credit Call and PayPal have been certified as being compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). To date, these are the most stringent security requirements in the industry concerning how payment card data is secured, technologically as well as from a process standpoint.
Data Protection Act 1998
We comply with the Data Protection Act of 1998 (the "Act") and with all other applicable data protection and privacy legislation.
Security of Your Information
We take the security of your Personal Information seriously and take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of it. Our agents, suppliers, subcontractors and business partners who have access to your Personal Information are also required to keep that information confidential and secure and are not permitted to use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the provision of services which they are providing to Us or otherwise as set out in this Privacy Statement.
We have a secure server that uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your Personal Information.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) to oversee compliance with this policy. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority. The Irish Data Protection Commissioner is the lead data protection supervisory authority for Xtra-vision Vending as an Irish data controller.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us here or email email@example.com and submit the appropriate request.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you have any questions concerning Our Privacy Statement, you can contact the Service Team by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time. Any amendments will be published on the Site. Users are therefore encouraged to review this Privacy Statement from time to time. If you continue to use this Site after any such amended version of this Privacy Statement has been published you will be deemed to have consented to the amendments. If you do not agree to the amendments, please do not continue to use this Site.